Nehemiah Field clinic
The Nehemiah Field clinic is the sole property of Operation Nehemiah Mission International (ONMI) as a church, running under its direct administration and it is a privately own venture serving God's people in New Sudan. The clinic is operating as health center III as we hope to step it to health center IV (hospital) in the nearest future depending on how God blesses the project.
Objectives of the Nehemiah clinic:
To improve the health status of the returnees and also host communities by providing basic health care services, primary health education, water and to help and improve the basic health services of southern Sudan (Magwi county), building long term capacity through the equipment of the hospital, training, and support.
Provide Clean and Safe Water through Improved Community Participation To provide general health and sanitation education parallel to the treatment of those requiring medical attention
To expand and consolidate the provision of a comprehensive package of basic services and
disease control, of acceptable quality, particularly to the population
Aiming at reducing mortality and morbidity
To strengthen emergency preparedness, response, and mitigation
To build, strengthen and sustain the capacities of the institutional and human resources of the health actor.
Activities planned to reach this objective:
1. Recruitment and training of health staff.
2. Provide basic health care services- i.e. preventives, routine vaccinations, health education, pre-cures, and rehabilitation.
3. Procure and avail minimum initial service packages for safe child deliveries for pregnant women en-route to the hospital.
4. Conduct health education and disease awareness to the affected population to create demand for health services.
5. Provide referral services for the severe and critical medical cases to a nearest medical facility (including the provision of ambulance services for the transportation of the ill).
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to improve health status of the population in Magwi County. by constructing latrines, protecting existing water sources, creating more water sources in areas where it did not exist, community mobilization and giving mosquito nets to pregnant mothers and children who more venerable to malaria.
To improved health status of the targeted areas of Magwi county by promoting use of proper human waste disposal methods and proper hygienic practices.